Monday, October 24, 2016

My family of me

Yesterday, we went to friends, and when we were going home, we first checked in at the station. My sister Rachel, and I were going to go per train(not the train in the picture) and later per bus, to our grandparents. It was really awkward to feel the train move and see the landscape flashing by. Meadows, hills, trees, walls, houses, rails, sheep, some horses and I really was surprised how many people had a little pony. I saw a lot during the train journey. I took two books with me, to read when we would be at our grandparents, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, and Fire by Night by Lynn Austin. But I didn't read them when I was in the train, nor when I was in the bus. We had to wait eight minutes until the bus arrived. The train rode really soft, no bumping. I thought there would be a lot of bumping, but the train just went on and on and only stopped at stations. The bus rode soft too. More bumpy than the train, because the bus is riding on the road and not on the rails. Well, we got out of the bus and we first thought we had to walk the rest, but in the train, my grandma said, over the telephone, that our uncle would pick us up. So we rode in the car too. We don't ride in a car much, because we have a camperbus, which sits a lot higher than a car. But hey, you'll probably wonder why this title is about family, when I'm just talking about trains and buses. Well the second part is to come.
I really was sad when I said goodbye to my family and stepped in the train, waving. My youngest brother asked why I had to go and he said he didn't like it that I went with the train, away.Of course, it was all made better by the thought that I still am with my family at my grandparents. I still am with family, my sister and grandparents. But when you're away from the people you are always among, and who always take care of you, you realize how much you love your family, and how much you depend on them. I really miss them, even if I'm not even one day apart from them. I miss the giggles all around the house, the evenings on the couch watching a movie, or in the room talking with your bigger siblings(although that didn't happen a lot anymore), I even miss my homeschool work. Even if I sometimes don't like my homeschool work and don't feel like it, I enjoy it most of the time. And even if I sometimes get angry on my brothers and sisters(I can never stay angry on them for a long time, though)and am tired of their whining to play with them: ''Shall we go upstairs?'' ''Do you want to play with playmobil?'' or whatever it is, cars, stuffed toys, dolls, or just playing and wearing other clothes, I still miss them and I miss all the sounds. It is very quiet here. Not that I mind that much, I like silence. But sometimes, I just miss the noise they can make. Family is important. Even if we are in bed and my younger sister doesn't stop making sounds and talking and singing in bed. Your family is still your family. It is yours, and I'm proud to have the family I have.



No comments:

Post a Comment